Decorah Human Powered Trails
Monthly Meeting Minutes
- Deke, Jesse, Kirk and Brad recently attended the
held in Summit Jan. 29th and Jan. 30th Des Moines
- Deke and Brad presented during a session on Urban Dirt
- Brads newest mapping of the area off-road trails a hit!!!!
- Overlying theme- There is money in grants out there, we need to come up with ideas on how we can use money (Trailhead, Equipment Trailer, Equipment, etc)
- 2 months away
- Course Design
- Deke presented a route- Start at Glory Hole and End on River Trail. Possible crossing of trails in
Death Valley. Provides for start and finish to be within 100 ft. of each other. ( Preliminary Route)
- IMBCS Points Series
- Time Trials are on the schedule
- Focus on getting categories set up in computer system to allow for series points to be announced at awards ceremony
- Discussion on registration gifts
- T-Shirts as in the past
- Goodie bags with Sponsors on them, Socks, Energy Gels, etc.
- Sponsor Board
- Discussed the possibility of having a sponsor board at the finish line to recognize all sponsors also a board that results could be posted to at the awards ceremony
- The website that was formally run on Yahoo is now going to be run through Go Daddy.
- Feedback on how the site is being transitioned can be directed to Jesse.
- Discussed a need to check email list, making sure everyone is getting emails that are being sent to group
- Pictures- if anyone has pictures to be included in the website update and other publications that are promoting the single-track of Decorah.
- Discussion on weather or not this race is going to be taken on or abandoned.
- Trevor interested in taking charge of race.
- Discussion tabled till next months meeting
- Trail Work
- Palisades reroute top of Smebby’s
- Additional trail connecting Lower Dead Pet to
- Continued work on Mother’s Day shoring
- Better usage of kiosks to include sponsor recognition, upcoming events calendar, trail recognition.
- Equipment Purchases
- Discussion on any equipment purchases that may need to be made this coming year (nippers, blowers, trimmers, etc.)
Agenda Next Month (March 2010)
- Adopt a Trail- Revision
- Time Trial Volunteers and Duties
Projects Palisade Trail Building
- Trail Tool Purchases- What do we need??
- Summer Sizzler?????